The Mitsubishi Corporation Fund for Europe and Africa (MCFEA) is a charitable foundation established in 1992 by Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Corporation (UK) Plc. The aims of the MCFEA are to promote environmental conservation, education and research into the environment and poverty alleviation. In particular, the MCFEA aims to encourage the appreciation and conservation of flora and fauna with an emphasis on endangered species.
Since its inception, the MCFEA has contributed nearly £3 million to environmental and developmental projects in Europe and Africa, through making grants to a range of partner organisations.
MCFEA grant-making has included sponsorship of the Web of Life exhibition (now called "BUGS!") housed in the Millennium Conservation Centre at London Zoo; the research of Professor David Macdonald of the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit (WildCRU); the work of WaterAid in Mozambique; funding the core activities of the Botanical Gardens Conservation International - as well as many other projects.
More information on the MCFEA's grant-making activities is available on the individual links to the right.
If you wish to apply for funding from the MCFEA, please refer to the Applications page.
- August 2013
- The MCFEA announces its funding programme for environmental and development charities in 2013.(PDF:85.9KB)
- July 2012
- The MCFEA announces its funding programme for environmental and development charities in 2012.(PDF:82KB)
- May 2010
- The MCFEA announces its funding programme for environmental and developmental charities in 2010.(PDF:36.2KB)
- April 2009
- The MCFEA announces its funding programme for environmental and developmental charities in 2009.(PDF:127KB)
- April 2008
- The MCFEA announces its funding programme for environmental and developmental charities in 2008.(PDF:32.5KB)
- October 2007
- The MCFEA announces three new projects with environmental and developmental charities in 2007.(PDF:23KB)
- February 2007
- MThe MCFEA approves grants worth over £150,000 to environmental and developmental charities in 2007.(PDF:98.2KB)
- February 2006
- The MCFEA announces its funding programme for Environmental and Developmental Charities in 2006.(PDF:125KB)
|Ms Julie Rogers||Chair of Trustees|
|Mr Haruki Hayashi||Trustee|
|Mr Yasuyuki Sugiura||Trustee|
|Mr Sachio Kaneki||Trustee|
|Mr Shinji Kowase||Trustee|
|Mr Satoshi Iwai||Trustee|
|Mr Yoshiyuki Nojima||Trustee|
|Mr Hideki Nasu||Secretary|
|Mr James Gomme||Programme Officer|
The Mitsubishi Fund for Europe and Africa is a charitable trust set up under a Declaration of Trust dated 30 September 1992 and is a registered Charity (Number 1014621).
Copies of the MCFEA's Annual Report and Financial Statements, and its policies on Grant-making, Investment and Reserves, are available upon written request to the Secretary to the MCFEA, at Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6BA.
Note: To read PDF files you need "Adobe® Reader®." Click here to download this free software from the Adobe® website.