Business development at MC is undertaken with due regard for the concerns of our various stakeholders. MC aims to balance the interests of a variety of stakeholders set in a stakeholder triangle comprising of customers and partners, shareholders and creditors, and employees. By engaging key external stakeholders representing the communities where we operate and civil society at-large, we are working to create a sustainable society by building even stronger relationships with stakeholders globally.
- Customers and Partners
- MC's customers can be found in regions and industries around the world, and we have developed a wide range of functions that enable us to satisfy the multiple and varied requirements of these customers. We also manage a global-level supply chain, and work with our partners to promote CSR.
- Shareholders, Investors and Creditors
- A total of 188,925 domestic and international institutional and personal investors hold shares in MC. The company values the faith that they have placed in us and we endeavor to do our part by strengthening profitability, improving corporate value and paying regular, stable dividends.
- MC employs 5,832 people in its domestic and international operations, and a total of 60,039 people when consolidated subsidiaries are included. It is the knowledge and skills of each of these individuals that supports the growth of MC.
- MC understands the importance of maintaining good communication with the regions and communities in which it does business, and it endeavors to contribute to community-building through both tangible and intangible means.
- We maintain a dialogue with NPOs and NGOs that focus on various issues including the environment and human rights. Through our donations and volunteer activities we build systems of support and collaboration.
- Naturally, MC understands and respects its obligations to pay taxes, but our involvement goes far beyond that. We are actively involved in national projects and with business organizations and we provide governments with recommendations on a wide range of economic, environmental and social issues.
MC has earned a solid reputation for its CSR initiatives and transparency in the disclosure of information. Underscoring this is MC's inclusion in various socially responsible investment (SRI) indices. (as of September 2009).
MC has established the "CSR & Environmental Affairs Advisory Committee" in March 2008 as an organization to provide advice and recommendations regarding the MC Group's CSR and environmental activities.
When it comes to issues related to CSR and the environment, we believe that in addition to the discussions conducted within the Group, the promotion of opinions of outside experts is extremely important for MC as it expands its business activities world-wide with due regard for the concerns of our stakeholders.