May 9, 2011
Notice Regarding Renaming of Subsidiary (RYOSHOKU LIMITED)
Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) consolidated subsidiary RYOSHOKU LIMITED (RYOSHOKU) has announced that the Board of Directors today decided to rename the company, as detailed below. This resolution is subject to approval at RYOSHOKU’s 87th annual general meeting of shareholders scheduled for June 29, 2011.
1. New Company Name
Mitsubishi Shokuhin Co., Ltd.
2. About RYOSHOKU LIMITED
(1) Company name: RYOSHOKU LIMITED
(2) Established: March 13, 1925
(3) Business: Wholesale of food products
(4) Headquarters: 6-1-1, Heiwajima, Ota-ku, Tokyo, Japan
(5) Representative: Kanji Nakano, President & CEO
(6) Capital: 10,630 million yen
(7) Number of employees (Consolidated): 4,516 (December 31, 2009)
3. Reason for Name Change
As announced on February 18, 2011, four MC subsidiaries—RYOSHOKU, Meidi-ya Corporation (Meidi-ya), San-Esu Inc. (San-Esu) and Food Service Network Co., Ltd. (FSN)—plan to integrate. Following this integration, the new company will promote structural reforms across the entire business domain connected with food to establish itself as Japan’s leader in food. With this strong vision, RYOSHOKU has decided to rename itself Mitsubishi Shokuhin.
4. Date of Name Change: July 1, 2011
On July 1, 2011, RYOSHOKU will make Meidi-ya, San-Esu and FSN wholly owned subsidiaries through share exchanges, after which the company name will be changed to Mitsubishi Shokuhin. Subsequently, Meidi-ya will integrate with Mitsubishi Shokuhin on October 1, 2011, as will San-Esu and FSN on April 1, 2012.
Inquiry RecipientMitsubishi Corporation
Telephone:+81-3-3210-2171 ／ / Facsimile:+81-3-5252-7705