The Fresh Food Products Div. is engaged in the following businesses in the field of fresh food.
- In Norway, Chile and Canada, which are all major production areas for salmon (including trout and Coho), we operate salmon farming businesses with Cermaq Group AS, the second largest production output in the world, delivering salmon to dining tables around the world.
- Toyo Reizo Co., Ltd. is a wholesaler that specializes in marine products, primarily handling tuna, shrimp, salmon (including trout and Coho), etc. for sashimi and sushi, which are representative of Japan's food culture.
- Salad Club, a joint venture with Kewpie Corporation, provides delicious packaged salads that were made taking into consideration where and how the ingredients were produced.
- Itoham Yonekyu Holdings Inc. (consolidated on April 1, 2016), with 15 processing factories and 126 business locations across Japan, is proud to have the largest production output of ham and sausages in Japan.
- Japan Farm, Ltd., founded nearly 50 years ago, has made it their mission to provide reliable and safe chicken and pork to consumers while keeping the environment in mind.
- Foodlink Corporation, a meat sales company that makes proposals related to development, provides solutions for product development and manufacturing from production guidance to quality management guidance.
- Indiana Packers Corporation's operations encompass everything from raising pigs to producing pork and bacon in the U.S. Midwest. They sell their products primarily in the U.S. and Japan.
The Fresh Food Products Div. flexibly responds to changes in population, industry and consumption structure, and proactively and autonomously manages each business from upstream to downstream, keeping consumers' perspectives in mind. The Fresh Food Products Div. is, in the various business initiatives that make up the value chain, achieving sustained growth while ensuring competitive advantages by improving cost competitiveness, adding value, etc. Also, in regard to personnel training, while coordinating with each company in Mitsubishi Group, the Fresh Food Products Div. is training personnel who have field capabilities and can keep the “customer first” policy in mind.
Main Products and Services
Marine products (tuna, shrimp, salmon (including trout), etc.), processed seafood, rice, fresh produce, cheese, dairy products, chicken, pork, beef, processed meat products, etc.
- Marine Products Dept.
- Agricultural Produce & Dairy Products Dept.
- Livestock & Meat Products Dept.