The Living Essentials Group provides products and services, develops businesses, and invests in various fields that directly impact our quality of life. These operations include foods, textiles, daily necessities, healthcare, distribution and retail. Our strength as a group is that we conduct a well-balanced business throughout our value chains, extending from the upstream sourcing of resources to the downstream retail and food service businesses. While further reinforcing the Group's comprehensive abilities through business investments and affiliates in Japan and overseas, we provide products and services that match the needs of consumers with the aim of making a contribution to society. In addition, as a group providing services that are closely connected with the lives of consumers, we place a strong emphasis on the reliability and safety of food in our operations.
The environment surrounding the Living Essentials Group is changing significantly, characterized by the growing maturity of the Japanese consumer market and the rapid development of overseas consumer markets, particularly in Asia. The Living Essentials Group will work to strengthen its various capabilities in its area of strength, the value chain extending from sourcing of resources to the retail market, and expand and enhance its earnings base. In addition, the Group aims to capture growing consumer demand in emerging countries by rolling out the business model it has established in Japan in these overseas markets.
Global Consumer Business Division
- Planning, execution, and promotion of new businesses in emerging markets
- Developing food business in the UK and other European markets
- Sale of food, clothing, furniture and interior furnishings, daily goods and others
- Development and distribution of various consumer sales materials and services
- Marketing business, point-based loyalty programs and payment settlement-related service businesses
Living Essential Products Division
- Sale of processed foods, frozen and chilled products, confectionery, liquor, pet food and others.
- Raw materials procurement and product sales for tires and industrial rubber materials; afforestation and raw materials for paper including woodchips and pulp; and various paper products and packaging products.
- Manufacture centering on OEM and sale of clothing, furniture, interior furnishings, daily goods and others.
- Hospital-related business including medical equipment, medical supplies and pharmaceuticals, and nursing care equipment rental and wholesale business.
Living Essential Resources Division
- Developing a business platform to provide stable supplies to customers in Japan and overseas by handling a range of materials including grains, rice, fresh produce, oils and fats, marine products, sweeteners and starches, feed, meats, beverage ingredients, dairy products, housing and construction materials, and functional fibers, and carrying out operations extending from production and procurement to manufacturing and processing.