February 24, 2011
Further Issuance of U.S. Dollar Denominated Unsecured Straight Bonds
Mitsubishi Corporation decided today to issue U.S. Dollar denominated unsecured straight bonds subject to the conditions listed below. The company issued U.S. Dollar denominated unsecured straight bonds back in September 2010 to diversify funding sources; however, the intent on this occasion is to issue the Further bonds that will form a single series with the original bonds (*) in order to increase name recognition of Mitsubishi Corporation in foreign bonds markets.
* The further bonds will be issued under the same conditions as those issued in September 2010 (same coupon rate, interest payment dates, and maturity) with the yield being adjusted through the issue price. After 40 days, the Further bonds will be consolidated together and form a single series together with the bonds issued in September 2010, which is expected to increase liquidity in the secondary market.
Summary of the U.S. Dollar Denominated Unsecured Straight Bonds
1. Total Issue Amount: USD 500million
2. Term to Maturity: Approximately 4.6 years
(Maturity date is the same as the originally issued bonds)
3. Coupon Rate: 2.75% per annum
4. Issue Date: March 2, 2011
5. Offering Format: To be listed on the London Stock Exchange’s regulated market.
The offering is targeted at foreign institutional investors in Asia (outside Japan) and Europe.
This announcement is intended as general information regarding the issuance of securities. This announcement is not for distribution, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States (including its territories and possessions, any State of the United States and the District of Columbia). This announcement does not constitute or form a part of any offer of, or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for, securities in the United States or in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is unlawful. The securities have not been, and will not be, registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act") and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, US persons (as such term is defined in Regulation S under the Securities Act), absent registration or an exception from registration under the Securities Act. No public offering of the securities will be made in the United States.
Inquiry RecipientMitsubishi Corporation
Telephone:+81-3-3210-2171 ／ / Facsimile:+81-3-5252-7705